Due to recent increases in COVID-19 cases throughout Connecticut, The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center has revised its guidelines for patients as follows:
Appointments & Visitors to the Leever Cancer Center:
- Due to COVID-19, visitation is NOT permitted. Visitors are not allowed to attend appointments with patients at this time. Exceptions may be made only at the discretion of provider(s).
- All in-person support groups and community events have been canceled through February, 2021.
- Upon entering our facilities, all patients will be screened for travel outside of Connecticut within the last two weeks. If any patient has traveled to a state listed in Connecticut’s Regional Travel Advisory, that individual will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- All individuals will be screened for signs of COVID-19 at the front door. Until further notice, everyone who enters the building will be screened each time they do so, regardless of how long it has been since their last screening.
- Anyone who has a fever or respiratory symptoms will not be allowed into the building.
- When in the building, all staff and patients should follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least six feet away from other people.
- All patients wear their own facemask to any appointment or visit to the Center.
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- We have removed items that might be handled by multiple people, including newspapers and magazines, and we have closed the library.
- We conduct a thorough cleaning each evening and periodically throughout the day. Regular disinfectant fogging is completed on a weekly basis.
- When entering the Leever Cancer Center, we ask that you wash your hands thoroughly after being screened at the front door, and utilize the hand sanitizer stations and bottles located throughout the building.
We continue to carefully monitor the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus and will be updating the guidelines and information as needed.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Radiation Therapy at (203) 575-5555, the Smilow office at (203) 755-6311, or the Saint Mary’s Hospital Oncology Center office at (203) 709-6560.