Cancer Treatment Services
The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center follows the latest protocols for outpatient treatment of many different cancers, including: bladder, brain, breast, colorectal, esophageal, head and neck, lung, lymphoma, melanoma, ovarian, pancreas, and prostate.
Our services include:
- Cutting-edge therapies for cancer, including the best technology available to community cancer centers
- Access to clinical research when necessary through private practice physicians and the HLRCC Clinical Research program
- Specialty nursing services for education, support, care and coordination of services for patients and families
- Licensed oncology social worker to counsel patients and families
- Spiritual care by pastoral counselors serving diverse religious beliefs
- Comprehensive information resources on cancer for the public
- Supportive care through nutritional counseling and support
- Pain management
- A unique partnership with the American Cancer Society
Cancer Screening and Prevention
Throughout the year, The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center hosts cancer screening and prevention activities, which are coordinated with primary care physicians in the community. These activities are held in concert with programs offered by the American Cancer Society, Waterbury Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital as well as other local entities. See the Event Calendar and our full screening guidelines for more information.