As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff are of the utmost importance, and we are doing everything we can to ensure that we are able to provide the necessary care to our patients while protecting against the spread of COVID-19.
Screening & Safety:
- We are screening everyone for signs of COVID-19 at the front door. Until further notice, everyone who enters the building will be screened each time they do so, regardless of how long it has been since their last screening.
- Anyone who has a fever or respiratory symptoms or has traveled recently will not be allowed into the building.
- When in the building, all staff and patients should follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least six feet away from other people.
- Effective immediately, we will be asking all patients to “BYOM” - Bring Your Own Mask - to any appointment or visit to the Center. This is in response to guideline updates.
Appointments & Visitors:
- Our physicians are evaluating each appointment requested on a case-by-case basis. We have rescheduled any non-urgent appointments.
- We are not allowing visitors except under extenuating circumstances, which will be determined by the practice the patient is visiting. Any allowed visitors will be screened.
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- We have removed items that might be handled by multiple people, including newspapers and magazines, and we have closed the library.
- We conduct a thorough cleaning each evening and periodically throughout the day. Regular disinfectant fogging is completed on a weekly basis.
- When entering the Leever Cancer Center, we ask that you wash your hands thoroughly after being screened at the front door, and utilize the hand sanitizer stations and bottles located throughout the building.
We are carefully monitoring the developing situation regarding the coronavirus and will be updating the guidelines and information as needed. Check our Health & Safety Announcement on our website: leevercancercenter.org.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Radiation Therapy at (203) 575-5555, the Smilow office at (203) 755-6311, or the Saint Mary’s Hospital Oncology Center office at (203) 709-6560.