May 18, 2020 Update
The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center will continue to cancel all on-site support groups and events through the end of June 2020.
April 6, 2020 Update
Effective immediately, The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center will be asking all patients to "BYOM" Bring Your Own Mask to any appointment / visit to the Center. This is in response to guidelines updates regarding facemasks.
March 23, 2020
To ensure the health and safety of patients and staff at The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center, we are taking the following precautions:
Screening & Safety:
- On March 20, we began screening everyone for signs of COVID-19 at the front door. Until further notice, everyone who enters the building will be screened each time they enter the building, regardless of how long it has been since their last screening.
- Anyone who has a fever, respiratory symptoms or has traveled recently will not be allowed into the building.
- When in the building, all staff and patients, should follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least 6 feet away from other people.
Appointments & Visitors:
- Our physicians are evaluating each appointment requested on a case-by-case basis. We have rescheduled any non-urgent appointments.
- All support groups and community outreach programs scheduled to be held at the Leever Cancer Center through the end of April are canceled.
- We are not allowing visitors except under extenuating circumstances, which will be determined by the practice the patient is visiting. Any allowed visitors will be screened.
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- We have removed items that might be handled by multiple people, including newspapers and magazines, and we have closed the library.
- We conduct a thorough cleaning each evening, periodically throughout the day, and scheduled a deep clean of the radiation oncology department and all common areas, which took place the weekend of March 21-22. Regular disinfectant fogging is completed on a weekly basis.
- When entering the Leever Cancer Center, we ask that you wash your hands thoroughly after being screened at the front door, and please utilize the hand sanitizer stations and bottles located throughout the building.
- As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff is of the utmost importance, and we are doing everything we can to ensure that we are able to provide the necessary care to our patients while protecting against the spread of COVID-19.
The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center is carefully monitoring the developing situation regarding the coronavirus and will be updating the following guidelines and information as needed.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Radiation Therapy at (203) 575-5555, the Smilow office at (203) 755-6311, or the Saint Mary's Oncology Center office at (203) 709-6560.